Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Well the first week back to work was sorta rough. I had to work 38 hours which was not looking good when I first saw my schedule. I know I'll enjoy the paycheck though! It actually wasn't that bad. I enjoyed catching up on things with my friend Michelle and my other co-workers. Plus I always enjoy talking to the customers etc.
I had a good weekend. Brett and I hung out and then on Saturday we saw the stupid firework display at Crocker. Yea it lasted a whopping 5 minutes. That's Crocker Park for ya. Westlake makes CP out to be this huge, fancy shopping place but it's really not "all that." Working there I see and know all the structural things wrong with it. It opened in Nov '04 I believe and it's not the greatest design. We've had people come to replace the door frames and other things. In the winter ice chunks fall on you. One time ice fell and hit my friend on the shoulder who was a security guy there. Nice. Just nice. Plus you hardly see security there......hmmm weird. So they have the special 4th of July celebrations which are mainly aimed at kids. I guess it would be fun if you had a Sat off with nothing to do with your kids. I do like the kettle corn people when they're there. That's pretty cool. But back to the fireworks display...yeah it was a grand finale that lasted 5-7 mintues. N. Ridgeville's are WAY better people!!!!! It was not too much fun waiting to see "nothing." Oh well!
Sunday I went to church, visited my Aunt Nancy, then went to Matt E.'s surprise party. (I was late for the surprise part.) I enjoyed the party though. It was fun pushing Joey in the pool then later Chloe. Yes I'm that sneaky. Later Greg got Mrs. Emmerling in, then Mr & the brother-in-law & the 2 sisters with their clothes on! It was stinking hilarious! Plus it was nice to have Dan & his g/f Chrissy home.
On Monday a group of 13 (?) of us went to Cedar Point. That was a lot of fun. Plus I got to see an old friend (s) whom I hadn't seen in awhile. It was nice catching up with them. I had missed them a lot. Let's see...I rode... Millennium Force, Mine Ride, the swings, the new SkyHawk huge swing, Raptor, Magnum, Disaster Transport, Wicked Twister, the spider ride, Troika, Gemini, Mean Streak, the Skyride and I'm sure a couple others. Rode Mill. at night too...fun stuff! It did rain, but we made it through! :) Got home around 1 am...then work the next day on the 4th.
Yesterday I worked 11-6:45. It was long, but I had some really fun customers which helped my day go by. One guy was just fun trying on jeans b/c he was a Brit guy with a couple women (family) and they were just helping him find jeans. Then this other older lady was shopping for her grandkids (older ones). She needed a size 18 for her granddaughter who she kept on referring to as a "fat a..word." I couldn't believe she kept referring to the granddaughter like that! It's so mean! She gave me a customer compliment though so it made me happy! :) Later I hung out with my friend and we grabbed some raspberry mochas. mmmm soo good....it was a good time.
Better get going. I have today off so I'm sorta looking for jobs..yea the search is not fun. yuck.

p.s. A shoutout to my Grandma....a request of oatmeal raisin cookies would be FABULOUS to send home with my mom! hehehe :) They can help you make them!! I think it'd be a GREAT idea!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 4:44 PM , Blogger Lori said...

yeah...me too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home