Saturday, September 09, 2006

I thought I should do another mini update since I haven't been on here in awhile.
This week I worked about 35 hours (give/take). That's probably the most I've ever been at Gap. It was tiring, but yea I made it through. Some parts were boring, but customers and the kids of employees made it fun.
BUT...today this one guy who was shopping with his teenage daughter made me so stinkin mad! The dad was a young dad and the girl is probably a sophomore/jr in h.s. (?) So I'm in the fitting room with this new girl and my mgr Barb is helping the girl and dad at the beginning. Well one size in the jeans fit the girl really, really nice. She looked cute in them and they were the right style for her. Well her dad BEGGED to differ. He wanted her to get the next size up where they were a little baggy, too loose b/c she plays sports and she'll "grow into them." "She's going to get bigger anyways. I don't like it when girls wear those really tight fitting jeans...blah blah ..." YEs most people don't. If a pair of jeans fit, they won't be too tight and the pair the girl had on wasn't too tight. So the poor girl tried on like 10 prs of jeans, 1/2 of which were too big, but her dad liked the look of them. So they argued back and forth about how he was going to buy her the bigger ones and she said she wouldn't wear them then. I told the guy that the smaller (Right) size stretches out during the day etc..and he's like " well thank you ELIZABETH (looked @ my name tag) so I've heard your opinion, but now I want to hear Rich's from a guy's point of view...." ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! He ugh..got under my skin. I wanted to deck the guy b/c he didn't want to listen to anyone but himself! He said he listened to his daughter, but he still wanted to control of course. I think he got 2 pairs of the big size for her to "grow into." Anyways...I don't know what he got but Rich told the girl she could exchange later if she needed to. I felt bad for her b/c the dad kept on saying she was going to get bigger etc and that she's smaller right now b/c not so active in sports and doeesn't have all that muscle. What a way to help your teenage daughter's self esteem issues....grrr......he's a punk.
So..still working on the bridal shower plans which are going well. Selling stuff on ebay a little bit. Oh I got a cool black light at Marc's on Wednesday! I can't wait to put it up. I also got Halloween decals for my car. I love halloween stuff. (Not the gross, too scary stuff..yuck). :) That's about it. Not much else going on in this grad's life....sadly to say...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home