Monday, September 18, 2006

Yea so this morning I go out to the mailbox and I see a lady pushing a girl in a stroller. Well by my first glance I really, truly thought this lady was walking one of those invisible dogs you used to be able to buy at Cedar Point. I glanced again and thought the same thing. Then when I started walking back, I looked at her, she smiled (I smiled back) and saw she was swinging a long stick. I thought it was the weirdest thing.......

Today my parents and I went to the Jewish museum in Beachwood and it was really interesting seeing all of the really, really old artifacts. I enjoyed the art and mosaics. It's amazing how well the artifacts have been preserved. Then on the other hand, it was sad/depressing to see and remember what the Jews went through. In one part they had the KKK hoods-one for an adult and one for a kid. Wow...I never thought they'd have those ugly white hoods for kids...GROSS! Eww every time I see those on tv or I guess right in front of me...I get these horrible feeling that I can't believe people would go to that form of extreme hate to tantilize people just b/c they're different. Yuck.....The rest of the museum was pretty good...lot of history obviously there. After that we went to California Pizza Kitchen at Legacy Village and had some yummy pizza. Then I "raced" home b/c I had to work at 4. (Got home at 3:27..talk about calling it close!) Worked till 9 then came home.

Oh yesterday I was a stand-in greeter b/c someone couldn't be there...it went well..I just didn't like getting up early, but it went ok. Then in Sun. School..since it was just me and the 2 teachers plus the helper, we went to Panera and drank hot chocolate. Needless to say..we had a fun Sunday School lesson ...hehehe...:)

On Saturday I participated in Gap and Banana's 'White Cane Walk'...awareness for blind people laws. It wasn't really a big walk, but my manager asked me to participate in it, so I did. It was fun b/c my partner was the 9 yr old who I babysat later that night. J.T. did a good job leading me with my blindfold on. (We had to walk little ways with a blindfold.) Then later I worked 11-4, and babysat from 6:30-11:15. I had fun with the boys- J.T. (9) and Avery (4). I played the Cars video racing game and won with Franklin the dog in my lap! That was kinda funny. Later was bath time and bedtime. Avery is such a sweet little guy. He's so cute!!! Fun times!

2 Comments:

At 9:49 PM , Blogger Lori said...

it is strange and sad to know that people still have those hateful feelings today. i pray for them!

 
At 11:37 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

I completely agree with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home