Sunday, August 06, 2006

Weekend fun!

This past week has been a whirlwind. Mon-Fri was VBS and all of those days I had to work. I'm exhausted! It has been a TON of fun and I really enjoyed my group. As you can see in the pics I had my 2 little buddies. Hannah in the orange claimed I was her sister and wanted me to come home with her. I told her to ask her dad, but she said, "no, you're coming home with me. You can go to your house and pack your bags." She's 6 1/2 and is a smart girl. When she wouldn't get noticed to answer a question in one spot on the floor, she'd scoot back to be noticed. It was hilarious. Plus she volunteered to answer questions all of the time. She's a cutie! :) I'll miss her. Jackie is my other buddy. She goes to our church and enjoyed telling me about her day of swimming or making things for her American Girl dolls. She was hilarious b/c she thought the other girls were so crazy sometimes and she'd say, "what do you expect?" haha They said the funniest things! Plus it was fun this year watching all the the crazy preschoolers be out of control...heheh..yea and I didn't have to deal with them!! oo yea. This morning in church we sang 5 of the songs from VBS & Audrey & I had fun doing the sign language along with the songs. (I think I like it when kids are older and listen to you better...like age 7 & 5th graders...I like those age groups better I've discovered :) ).

Besides VBS...work has been crazy this past weekend. It was friends & family and so we had a lot of people shopping. It was fun..but tiring. On Friday night I worked from 10-5:30..had some visitors..yey Joanna, Fred & August hehe ...and then grabbed a delicious Blueberry peach cobbler smoothie from Liquid Planet and headed to VBS. After VBS, I helped out with gathering the yardsale stuff. I slept really well that night.

Saturday- worked..then went swimming at Greg's with a bunch of people who helped out with the carwash/yardsale. We had noodle fights, dunks, and just chaos going on. I finally stole a noodle from someone and almost got away with it until someone pushed me in the pool with my friend Matt. Matt then proceded to swim to the bottom of the deep end with me and the noodle. I couldn't hang on any more...so I lost the noodle. After Matt came up he said, "man that was hard!" hahha..yea..don't mess with me! (I love sneaking up on ppl and pushing them in. I had pushed him in earlier when he didn't suspect it hehehe).

Sunday- went to Sunday school, then church. It was a fun/good service between the VBS songs and the preaching. Seems like each service is so different now. Afterwards, met up with some friends at Taco Bell. My one friend Joanna (pic below) came in from Chicago. Joanna, Fred, August, Brett and I went to Edgewater Beach and played frisbee. It was a lot of fun & relaxing! I needed that!!

Ok I'm backtracking...I had an interview with Enterprise on Thurs. morning before work and I think it went well. It was for a management trainee position. She's supposed to call back this week....not sure what I'm going to do yet! Still looking at diff companies tho.

Alright..CORN FESTIVAL THIS WEEK!!! I can't wait to see old friends!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home