Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lots to say, so little time.
The same as always...a busy weekend. On Thursday I worked in the evening and our stealer friends came in. I had to do the stupid return and I hate doing fraud returns. It's so wrong what those people are doing, but they dont have a conscious about stealing from a company. They just like to steal from stores, return, and get merchandise. But they're dumb b/c they label themselves and are an easy target to spot. Anyways..on top of that...we had a crazy mother customer come in who thinks we are there to serve her hand and foot. I won't go into her, but she was just obnoxious and rude.
On Friday I worked until 3. Some of our "friends" came in that day and luckily Kristine was in there both times. The second time, I was walking up to the front of the baby store and the 4 ladies (if i can even call them that b/c they sure don't act like ladies) walked in with their Express bags and 1 Victoria Secret bag. The bags were pretty empty. So they split up- 2 and 2- set their bags on the counter, and luckily left the store without filling up. :D yey! Kristine & I just kept watching them. I could tell they were a LITTLE upset.. bummer..so sad..(yes I'm being sarcastic teehehehe). So later that day Brett and I went to Oberlin to what I thought was going to be like this festival thing. um...no. It was music at a gazebo and like 7-10 fold out tables set up. That's it. Not like the NR corn festival or any carnival around here. It was so dinky! It was cool walking around Oberlin though. Neat little city. Later we watched "School of Rock" which was pretty funny.
On Saturday I worked from 9-1:30 then babysat Ethan while Eliz & Eric went to a wedding. He was a little fussy the first couple hours then during the reception time I watched him, I finished feeding him & he slept! I watched "Elizabethtown" with Orlando Bloom & Kirsten Dunst & "Cold Mountain." I enjoyed Eliztown...Cold Mtn...um..too many gory and bad parts...ekk.
Then Sunday- church & went to Panera with Brett, Jason, and our youth intern Zach. I tried some kind of chicken/guacamole/spinach sandwich. The middle part of it was ok, but I didn't like the bread part b/c inside of it was too soggy. I probably should stick to what I like....my soup and just reg turkey sandwiches. Later that evening I cleaned a little bit in my room, then my friend Chloe called and I went to her house to hang out and play volleyball. My team lost the first game, then the second game we won b/c of Matt E's power serves! woo hoo! :) Gotta love playing in the dark where you can barely see the ball.....
Monday-worked until 2:30 then napped, and went to Eliz's to babysit Ethan again from 4:30-11:45. This time it was a little more challenging. I honestly don't know how people stay sane or manage twins at the same time. I had a hard enough time managing a poodle and a 4 month old. He was pretty whiney b/c he was either hungry, tired or needed to be changed. Yes the baby usuals. Well the one time I changed him, he peed in his crib so I had to change the sheets and that made me really mad b/c they don't make anything easy . The sheets are like as tight as possible to the matress plus to get the sheets off you have to take off the bumper. ay yi yi! So then after awhile of course he starts crying; He doesn't like how I hold him or whatever. Babies change moods way too often. Plus I know I have to consider Ethan doesn't really know me. So needless to say...yea not ready for kids FOR A REALLY LONG TIME. I love other people's kids, but I don't want any for awhile. THey surely are a lot of work! (Not that I didn't know that before, butttttttt...I don't know how people do it! They're awesome when they've got a system down! :) ) Enough of my ranting/raving of kids...eek. I just love it when they come through in baby all happy and then they go with their parents. No responsibility whatsoever..it's nice. I also had some time to use the treadmill...and I can surely feel it today!
Today I worked from 1-6 in Adult/Baby...pretty slow day so it was kinda boring. I did see my 3rd grade teacher who I see off & on so that was cool. Also, today is my dad's birthday so we had lasagna, a salad, lemon cake & DQ mini ice cream cakes. Mmmm...later I went over to Juliette's and hung out with her & Melissa watching "Must love Dogs." We had fun for the little bit that we hung out. Then I finished my other movie I had started the night before..."four feathers" with my fav actor...Heath Ledger... :) I love his Aussie accent....ahhhh :)
That's about it for now!

2 Comments:

At 1:23 AM , Blogger Lori said...

at least you are willing to take on the task of babysitting....i never wanted to babysit and can count on my one hand how many times i did it!

things change later in life though and your own kids come along and it's worth it:)

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yea I do enjoy babysitting b/c it's fun to watch the kids. Haha...that's what my mom says. -It'll be different when I have my own kids :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home