Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Fair Day!! YEY!
Today was my last fair day for the season/year. I love the fair as I've mentioned before. So we (my mom & I) got there around 11 I think. Walked around & went into the 4-H rabbit barn then to see the piggys. They smell, but they're cute. Then saw the 4-H goats, then later the commercial rabbit barn. I love the rabbits there! A lot of the momma rabbits had babbies and they were soooooooo cute!! I stuck my fingers through the one cage and a baby rabbit was kissing my fingers. Then I thought at one point I felt teeth, but not hard at all and he kept on kissing me. I LOVE BUNNY KISSES!!! (That's like the only kind of animal kisses I allow). There were a lot of other friendly little rabbits that would let me pet them. Also saw a cute momma guinea pig and her little baby....so cute!! Then we made it down to the goat barn and saw Bethany's goats. They were resting tho. Saw photos people took and entered, got some honey sticks...yum, ate bbq chicken, had ice cream (buckeye bits..mmm), and lemonade. We saw quite a few people that we knew too which is always fun. Then we went to Kaufmann's b/c I had to get some powder and my free Clinique gift with purchase. So we're walking back to go towards the exit, and we stop at the Sprint kiosk to look at the phones (even tho we don't have Sprint) and this guy is working there. He of course asks if we have cell phones and a plan. I say yes and he's like, you have your own plan; how old are you? I say "21." He doesn't really believe me I don't think and then my mom asks how old he is...he'll be 20 in 7 days i think he said. So then he's like,"what's your plan & so on and what kind of phone do u have?" I pull out my phone and he takes it to look at it and is like "wow u have an old phone. It doesn't even have color." He puts it in his pocket and is like "oh now u don't have a phone." HA HA SO FUNNY! NOT! Eventually he pulls it out after saying I want my phone back and he flips it open and starts surfing through it and says something about it not saving numbers. I'm like it saves numbers. So he puts his number in, saved under "Eli." WOW WHAT A guy...to pick up a girl...nice...(*saying that as sarcastically as I can). HE's like now u have my number and can call. YEAH not on your life buddy! Don't know what he was thinking.UGH such weird things happen to me with odd guys. Plus he had a tongue ring. That's always nice.....Nonetheless...I deleted his number..no longer in my phone :) Came home then went to church.
Service went well. We saw a video the girls made..an 80s workout video that was HILARIOUS!! Great outfits and makeup! WHeW! Then talked with a few people and a bunch of us went to Taco Bell. When we were done it came time to say our goodbyes, then I realized I had to say goodbye to Melissa who is leaving on Saturday for Mt. Vernon. I might see her on Friday, but it's not a guarantee. Before I got up to tell her goodbye, I could feel tears starting to form and she's like, "don't cry." I did pretty well and didn't, but it was sooo sad. She's one of my bestest friends. We are sooo much alike personality wise in how we act around people, how we think, and other experiences. She has a lot of great qualities & characterics and she even inspires me a lot. I love her! We hugged each other like 5 times and said bye. I got in the car and took Audrey home, then after leaving her house, I just lost it. All of my really really close friends are back in school, or are leaving. It hasn't been this hard before I guess. All of us have hung out at least twice a week because of church and are so close. Especially Melissa and I. We call each other and talk etc. I miss my friends so much. I still have a few close friends here, but it's hard. I'm sure I'll be better when I start school Monday. I hope. Another sad sad night. Hopefully Melissa and I can hang out on Friday. We'll see!
At least the fair was fun. Love the cute animals! :)

2 Comments:

At 1:16 PM , Blogger Lori said...

ewwww those strange boys feel as though they have nothing to lose so they ask cute girls out! why cant the really nice guys get the courage! this always happens girlie...at least your on to them. unlike some girls.

sorry to hear that the last of your friends are gone back to school. it is sad...but in another way...be glad you have such great friends..sounds to me like you have made lifelong friendships and that is very important and good. i cannot say the same because we have moved soo much. you at least know you will see them again. until then... hit the books hard and make time fly!

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

ha yea those strange boys are out there I tell ya!
thanks...I talked to my one friend Don tonight who's in MO, and he's doing good. I know, I was thinking as soon as I start school that'll keep me busy working on school work so it'll keep my mind off of other things.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home