Thursday, August 18, 2005

Sad, Sad day of tearful goodbyes.....
Well this morning I took it easy, slept in, went online for a little bit, got ready, ate lunch (mom made tuna noodle casserole mmm) and then we went to CVS and Crocker Park to shop. I wanted a few things at GapKids b/c we had markdowns last night. I got a pair of jeans (long & lean), a green striped oxford, brown argyle sweater, and a brown cable knit button down sweater w/a hood. (all kids stuff lol). Mom got a tank and sweater. I got Juliette (who's leaving for college) a v-neck shirt. Then we went into Eddie Bauer, and Trader Joes and got some pudding. Came home, wrote my goodbye notes to my buds which was sad. Got ready for church and left. We had a little service in youth and they showed Don & Brett's Speed the Light video (which I taped :) ) and Pastor Kevin gave a little sermon. Then all of us went into the sanctuary to see Taggart get dedicated. Madelyn was so funny..Those 2 1/2 yr olds....going everywhere and anywhere.. Then afterwards hung around P.Paul & Crystal & took some pics. Then finally it came down to saying goodbye. I got 2 hugs out of P.Paul. It's so sad to say goodbye to them again. I really miss them a lot this time. It was so fun having them here for the little time that we had. Then a bunch of us went to this custard place. I got frozen yogurt...Dirt with a gummy worm in it. Very good! After eating our ice cream, a few of us went to Matt's house to watch Top Gun. That was a good movie. I hadn't even seen it before! When it was over we had to say our goodbyes to Greg and Dan. That was very hard & sad. I'm really going to miss them not being here all the time. :( :( All of us are always together at least twice a week or more going out to eat or watching a movie etc. It's going to be tough not being able to hang out with them. I drove Juliette home and that was a tearful goodbye. Then on my way home I was really sad b/c I said goodbye to 7 ppl tonight that I won't see for awhile. Tough times...I'll just have to call and email them. Now Don, Dan, Julie, Greg, Jeff & Hannah, and Danny are gone plus Amanda & George and now Pastor Paul & Crystal again. It's so depressing....At least I still have some of my buds here!
When I came to my street, there were these cones blocking the left side of the street b/c on the right side there are machines that have been sitting there for like 3 weeks. It was the weirdest thing. Nothing was wrong with the road, so I just got out of my car and moved them over to drive through and left them on the side. I'm guessing some stupid little kids did that as a joke. Who knows? Oh well! It was fun hanging out with everyone before they left for college, but very sad. I miss them already.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM , Blogger Lori said...

ohhhhhhhh. i am soo sorry you are sad. i bet it was a hard day! you know.. being away makes the heart grow fonder...right? you will have lots of fun next time you see eachother. i know it is tough....but like you said...emails, phone calls, cards....you can keep up that way. or better yet...have them start blogs if they havent already. it is a great way to see and hear what is going on:)

i hope today is a better day for you:)

 
At 10:28 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

awww thanks! yeah...I know it'll get better. I was just thinking yesterday it'll be so exciting the next time I see everyone from not seeing them for awhile. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home