Friday, December 01, 2006

Wow what a day!
What do you get when your power goes out more then 10 times in less than 5 hours during Friends and Family Day?
ANSWER:
A bunch of clear bags with holds in the back room, some angry customers, quite a few nice ones, sales that can't be wrung up and one 'lovely' customer who calls you rude.

Well to start my day off...I was getting ready & my mom pulled my covers off to wash the sheets and what did she find? A DEAD, DEAD, DEAD SPIDER! Yes she found a DEAD spider at the bottom of my bed. If you know me well....I hate real spiders. I like stuffed animal ones and making them but I don't care for the real things. So ugh it was gross. I think I'll be able to go to sleep. I hope. So got ready, left for work & drove by a lot of yards which were flooded b/c of all the rain we've got in the past day. The front yards looked like ponds.
So got to work and probably around 12:30?? or a little before is when we started having power outages. When our power goes out, it takes about 12 minutes or so for our computer systems to reboot. Customers don't seem to comprehend that for some odd reason. So I was working on something else when I came up to the registers when they were down and there was a lady with her older daughter standing there. My friend wasn't saying anything to help them while waiting or to explain what was going on, so I took the initiative. My manager was busy with another ringer and customer who just lost her transaction b/c the computer went out just as she was finishing up. Well I told the lady & her daughter that it takes 12 mins to reboot the computers and she said, "well at Banana R. it wasn't like this. They called a number within 30 seconds and we helping us. We're in a hurry! The customer service here is unbelievable!" I was in shock. I was trying to help them. Well somewhere in our weird convo they mentioned they had to go to their dad/husbands funeral in 2o minutes. A thought crossed my mind, 'why on earth did you wait until 20 minutes to go to the store?' Yes I don't know the circumstances etc, but whatever. You wouldn't think they'd wait so long. So when I get nervous I guess I smile and do some giggling thing b/c I get uncomfortable when I don't know what to do in a situation...I don't know..that's just me...so then the daughter thinks I'm laughing! Talk about miscommunication people. No I was not laughing at them. They were making me nervous b/c I didn't know how to handle them. I kept telling them I had to ask my mgr what to do or what she could do for them but yea they're like "it shouldn't take 4 people to help us." Then the daughter said she was going to report us. The mom was like what? The daughter said b/c I was being rude. The mom didnt think so at least. GRR....yea their emotions were running wild, I understand that, but still...made me feel bad. So I just walked away trying to calm myself down not letting them bother me (even tho they did) and then found a NICE customer to help. :) Thank God for her! WOw....people are just lovely, aren't they?
Later on in the day, people (at least the ones I talked to) were considerate and understanding about having to put their items on hold. Plus just the people I work with help :) I love em! :)
After work I went to V.S., the bank, Marc's, Office Max to visit my buddy Audrey, Sephora (wow they have fun stuff there that's really expensive lol), and Michelle and i went to the Aveda open house. We got back/neck massages & arm massages. Wow it was sooo relaxing...I didn't want to get off the seat. It was quite amazing it'd say. I bought the blue peppermint oil they used on my neck..feels soo good! We had a great time eating our lil shrimp & sparkling cider.
MY HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY BESIDES THE MASSAGE: going through the long awaited Root Rd./ Lorain intersection! yeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyey!!! It was open1! No more 10 minute detour I hope.

Last night I had a great time shopping at the Gap Outlet with one of my best friend's family. Wow... trying to find a restaurant that's opened past 10 is hard to do!! lol. Good times!

Favorite quote of this week:
Craig: "You're lucky it's not 1605 because you'd be burned at the stake."
Thanks Craig....gotta love the people I work with! haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home