Friday, May 19, 2006

I've passed my week update once again! Last Friday Don, Brett and I went to an art show in Avon Lake to see a student's sculpture. The guy who made the sculpture does amazing work! After that we grabbed pizza and watched a movie. Saturday..hmm..what was Saturday?? Oh yea! Graduation day! I graduated from Cleveland State with my Bachelor of Arts in Communication. There was an earlier graduation for education and something else, but mine was at 2:30. My friends and family started arriving around 12 or so b/c I had to be there no later than 1:15. My parents, Uncle Rob and Aunt Peg came along with my best friends- Elizabeth, Juliette, Don and Brett met us up there. I was so happy I had some friends and family there. Also my youth pastor and his wife were there, but I didn't get to see them. :( When I got there at first I didn't see ANYONE I knew, but then I saw my one teacher and a classmate. I finally found my friend Katie who I sat by during the ceremony. All of us graduates had to line up in 2 lines and wait there for like 45 minutes which was kinda boring. The ceremony lasted about 2.5 hours and wasn't too bad. The B.A. students were called last so that kinda stunk, but oh well! I "got" my diploma. (We actually get it in the mail in a month.) I walked down the ramp without falling too! haha. Afterwards I found my family & friends. We took a lot of pictures inside and out. They came out really good! Then we went home. Well I didn't grab my keys because Juliette and I came with Don so I didn't think that I needed them. Eliz. took Julie home and so Don and I had to wait for me to get into my house for my parents to get there. Well my dad didn't know how to get back to the highway from where he parked and it took them awhile. So yea...I just graduated...and I was locked out of my house. How nice is that? hehehe Finally we made it in! yey! Then the rents, Rob, Peg and I went to Hoggy's for dinner. It was yummy!!! I love BBQ!!! I came home and then Julie, Brett and I went to the Dollar's b/c they had a party earlier and we caught the end of it. There were a few people there and we played some games. It was fun.
On Sunday....I went to church and we didn't go out to eat for Mother's Day b/c we went out Sat. We ate at home then later Don and I went to Starbucks and read for a little bit, but ended up just talking. I got the best raspberry mocha ever! Mmmm...I say coffee doesn't have an effect on me, but yea...hmmm I think Don and I beg to differ. I think it makes me hyper..hehe. It was fun!
On Monday I worked in Kids. There wasn't anything too exciting going on that day. Tuesday....I worked then in the evening a few of us from church went to this church in Olmsted Falls -Worldview...but they have a special name 707 for the younger crowd I guess. It was interesting. We went to see how they draw in their crowds and retain people. Then afterwards Don and I grabbed some food at Donato's b/c we were starving...mmm..I got my hawaiian pizza.....delicious!!
Wednesday....I worked till 4:30 then went to youth. After youth a few of us went to Applebees. I love their spinach and guacamole dip. That lasted me a couple days b/c they give you so much in one serving. My goodness!!!
Thursday....worked till 3 then at 5:30 went over to Brett's house to watch "Lost" with him and Don. Afterwards we had a camp meeting to go over things with the other people who are going on our camping trip next weekend. That was the first time I have seen 'Lost,' but it seemed like a good show. I see how it's addictive!!
Today....was my looonngg day...worked in adult all day..10:30-5...yikes! I bought a cute little army green utility skirt. Once again I tried all of this stuff on and nothing fit me. GRRR...oh well. I'm sure it saved me money actually. hehe. Then went to the bank, Marc's and home to eat. Went to church to kinda help out with an event. I didn't really help out a whole lot, but a little with cleaning up chairs. I feel kinda bad, but I'm extremely tired and I keep on running myself out. Oh well! Also today I saw a friend (guy) who I went to school with. He's married now and it's just so weird to see him married. His wife is cute and nice, just weird to comprehend. I was just happy to see Jerry.
Working everyday now is kinda fun....because I get to see my regular customers which I enjoy. They're so nice and that makes my job fun. I know I have to find a career job soon...eh...that's a must I know. I gotta get moving on that part! Well until later. I think my bed is calling me now! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home