Saturday, April 29, 2006

Now I have some time to type. I'll start from last weekend...Fri-Sat was the bootcamp in Columbus. It was a praying and fasting bootcamp that started at 7 pm Fri- 6 pm Sat. I made it through fasting except for the granola bar I had to eat with taking my medicine. I was pretty amazed! No headaches either! It was interesting & fun. We (the Denmark team) played a few games to learn how to work together, trained, prayed and did some exercises. It went well for the most part. I'm not to crazy about the guys leading it, but oh well. We all have to work with people we don't get along with, right? I think some of the reason I don't like how they're running this missions trip is because when they were telling us information, I know they're directing it at the students mainly. Plus they said they'll give us info when necessary....yeah...I like knowing things ahead of time and being prepared. That bugged me when they said that. Plus I don't think the one guy knew I was a leader until right before we left b/c I was telling someone I was in college and he seemed surprised. When he spoke to me, it just seemed like he was talking to me like a little kid and that made me mad. I can't stand that!!!! ugh..... Even tho I may look like a little kid to some people, I AM NOT ONE!!!! I'm 22!!! Not 16 , ok?? grrr...Anyways...I'm not going to please those guys so....I'm going to tell others about God. I'm sure it'll all work out. Plus there's not too many women leaders going...eek...I'm used to being "under" women managers and I like that!! lol After the fast, a bunch of us (7 of us went down from my church) went to get BBQ and it was delicious!!! mmm.....tasty!
On Sunday we began our sunday school training...yea...it goes until we leave. It's different and I'm just not a morning person, so I hope it goes well. I just don't like to talk in the morning and we have to participate during it and practice witnessing. That's hard to do!! Plus I'm still waking up! haha :) After church, my friends and I went to Panera and I got the broccoli and cheese soup plus some sort of turkey sandwich that was delicious. That Sunday night I worked on homework as usual.
Monday-I went to my classes & just worked on hw that evening. Nothing too interesting happened. Tues- worked at LWE. Wed-class and then at CSU we had a Spring Fest. There was a man with animals and so I got to pet..are you ready for the list???
-3 snakes-a boa, some sort of milk snake?, and a python
-blue tongued skink
-bearded dragon
-hissing cockroach
-tortoise (sp?)
-a gray & black chinchilla
-a lionhead rabbit
-albino dove
-kinkachoo (sp?) ..related to a lemur
-baby crocodile.... I think that is everything.... The guy has a lot of cages built in his basement with lights and timers set to go on and off. He was really nice and I loved seeing & petting the animals. After that I went home, did hw, went to youth & worked on some more hw.
Thursday-worked 8-3 at LWE and it was sample day. My theme was pirates so on Wed I had drawn a pirate face and made a pirate flag. We really didn't do so well money wise, but I thought the props looked good! :) That evening I went to an open house at a dr.'s office that LWE staff was invited too. Lindsay, Jeanne (personal trainer) and I went and ate some really good food & each got a back and neck massage....it felt sooooo good. I really didn't want to get out of my chair. There were fortune tellers there and what is really stupid...those were the longest lines. Can you believe how much people buy into that junk?? I could tell any of those people what those fortune tellers were telling them. It's ridiculous. Of course we didn't do that...nor did we drink the cosmopolitians....yea I think people drank a little too much...eek!! No thank you! Later that night I finished working on my presentation. yippee... lol
SATURDAY....Worked all day in babygap!! I opened at 9 and got to leave a 4..whew...what a day! :)

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM , Blogger Lori said...

wooow. i have never even heard of some of those animals. sounds like fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home