Thursday, May 11, 2006

I've been so busy that I haven't had any time to post. My last 2 classes were on Monday and that was sad. Regina and I walked to Tower City b/c we had time in between our classes. That was fun except for the blisters I got on my feet from my sandals. I took my psych final earlier that morning b/c I had to make it up from Friday. Don's dad passed away from a sudden heart attack last Monday and I went to the funeral on Friday. The calling hours were Thursday and thankgoodness my work gave me the day off so I could be there for him. It's just so sad. I feel so bad and it hurts me to see one of my best friend's hurting so much. CSU's professor's are so awesome and understanding. My other two teacher's were sympathetic and excused me on Friday. Over the weekend I worked and then went to a concert with Don and Brett. yeah...DIDN'T have fun at the concert. The music was so loud I literally covered my ears 90% of the time I was there in the smoke-infested room. They took my water bottle as soon as I paid and threw it away. After we were sitting for awhile, I went to the "bar" to get a cup of water, but no they don't give out cups of water. They just sell $2 water bottles........GRRRRRRRRRRRR. So yes I just suffered without my precious water. (hahah ...well no it's not really that funny...) The band we went to see (Stavesacre) didn't appear on stage until 11:15/30. There were 6 opening bands. A couple of the bands were good, but most were screamo or what I call "scary music." The one guy had red dreds. He reminded me of a really scary Raggedy Andy doll, pippy longstocking, or medusa. hahah Weirdo. Then on Sunday Don & Brett came over for dinner and we ate spaghetti. Later that evening I studied and did hw.
Now that I'm backtracking again.....Tuesday...I worked 1-8, then went over to our visiting pastor's house. He and his wife made us homemade ice cream and cake. It was delicious! His wife is an artist and she enjoyed showing us her sketches. She's too cute! She does very well for an almost 89-year-old! On Wednesday I went to the dr's for a physical since I hadn't had one in like 2 years. So I was in the waiting room talking to an ex-LWE member and the nurse comes out. I stand up. She asks me if I'm under 17. I say, "no." "Did you come by yourself? oh, Is she your mother (motioning over to the LWE member)?"
Me: "No."
Nurse:"Oh I didn't look at your birthday. I thought you were younger." So we walk past another nurse and the nurse I was with introduced me to the other nurse as her daughter. Then she said she was kidding. HA HAAAAAAAAA. Oh my goodness..........It went well. After that I went to the bank, and shopping but I only found a couple frames at Kohl's. I was looking for a shirt to go with my skirt for graduation, but as my luck always has it....nothing fits anywhere. I came home and my mom had ordered a couple of cleaning things from some lady. Well I open the door, the lady strolls right in. No I did not ask her to come in. She just did. Then right before she left she asks, "what grade are you going into next?" Me:"I'm done with school. I graduate this Saturday from Cleveland State."
Stupid lady:"Oh wow. I thought you were 15...blah blah blah..." Later I went to youth and third times a charm, right? So I'm talking with some people and this guy is there. He sticks out his hand and introduces himself as John. We talk and he starts talking about a certain type of cake- casada cake. I told him I had that at my graduation party. You should have seen the expression on his face. It completely changed. "What grade are you in?" um....I'm graduating from CSU Sat..."
"Oh my goodness I thought you were in 8th grade or were 15. I feel so bad!"
"Nah..it happens to me all the time *sigh*"
Ok so what was going on yesterday people? I must have had the 15-year-old look going on or something. My goodness did I get slammed! It's sooooooooooooo annoying...YES I KNOW I'LL be thankful when I'm older, but I'm DEFINITELY NOT NOW. So don't tell me that! ARG :/
Enough of my ranting and raving. A few of us went to Applebee's afterwards and hung out. Then today was my last day at Ladies Workout. It was pretty slow, but okay. Nothing too interesting. That's about all for now!

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM , Blogger Lori said...

yes you will be happy later on.

and i feel your pain about nothing fitting! it is either too big of arm holes or too long...too baggy...too long. oh...and the shoes? should we even go there! i find that i have better luck with dresses that way it just hangs down. no worry about waist bands and length!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home