Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Well I have a little time now to tell about my weekend! It was fabulous!! I had such a great time seeing some of my family- my cousins, and my really good friends who I miss a ton!! I left on Thursday after class around 3 and got to St. Louis around 3:40 (b/c of time difference). Don was there on time (way to go! yey!) and we headed to the closest mall to meet my cousin Lori and my lil cousins Abby and Bella at Nordstrom's. They all looked so cute! It was so nice to see them and I was glad they took time out of their day to meet me there. The 3 of us adults had some coffee/lattes that were delicious! mmmm so good!! Then we sat and talked for a little bit. Bella sang "Butterfly kisses" and Abby piped in a few times. Then Abby counted to 10 in Spanish and pretended she was a horse with the stroller as the carriage. They were funny :) . I think we probably stayed about an hour then hit the road for our 3 hour "tour" hahaha. We made it to Springfield in about 3 hours I think. Don dropped me off at Evangel and Julie and I went to her dorm so I could get "moved in." It was fun staying in the dorm. It's a whole other culture in there. People can come and go as they please. You get a call on your cell and the person is there within 2 minutes. You wash your dishes in the mini sink...you have a mini fridge. It was cool. Plus Amber & Julie have it decorated so cute..in my favorite colors..purple and teal/blue!! They were great dorm hosts! After I got settled in, Julie called Greg, and Greg, his friend Kacee, Julie, Don, Dan K. and I all went to this restaurant called Cheddar's. It was fun being together again and hanging out. I got chicken alfredo w/veggies and it lasted me like 3 meals!!

Friday, got up a lil before 9, got ready and called my friend Jessica and she came and picked me up at 10 b/c Julie and my other friends had class. So Jessica, baby Emma , and I went to the Bass Pro Shop and hung out there for a little while. It's huge!! I couldn't believe how big the store was! It's a camping, hunting, fishing, outdoors store with anything you can think of in it with like 5 aquariums, 1 75 yr old 170 lb turtle, and tons of fish. It also has a cafe and a McDonald's plus a coffee shop! We enjoyed the women's clothes section, but I didn't get anything for me! I was good this time! After that adventure, we went to a Japanese steakhouse where Jessica was so nice and treated me for lunch. It was where the chef cooked right in front of you. The man first made a volcano out of an onion and made it explode, made the rice into a beating heart, then a broken heart, caught an egg in his chef hat, and some other fancy food things. I got noodles, rice, veggies, and chicken and it was some of the best food I've ever had. For some reason it seemed like MO had some of the best food! It was sooooooooo good!!! After eating, Jessica had to go to the hospital to pick something up from a friend who she used to work with so I drove Emma around in the Jeep. Around 1:30 Jessica dropped me off at Julie's, got ready to go target shooting and Don picked me up a little after 2. We went over the safety rules and took off. We were going to go outside, but when we got there, there were too many guys so once again I was back at the Bass Pro Shop. We went indoors there. I shot a 22 and 9mm handguns. I liked the 22 better b/c it didn't jerk as much and was just a lil easier. The guy who put the locks on the guns before we walked through to the back thought I'd do better b/c I didn't have any bad habits yet. I did pretty good for the first time. I hit quite a few times in the black range of the target area and a few times I got really really close to the bullseye. It was tons of fun though! Good times!
After shooting, went back to Evangel & Julie and I got ready for dinner. While waiting for some of our other friends who were coming from home...Carsten, Evan, and Matt E, Julie, Don and I played tennis. I like tennis but it can be tiring!! We around 8:30 and went to Tasia -Taste of Asia....and ate dinner. I just got 2 egg rolls since I was full from earlier. It was delicious food too! Greg and Kacee met up with us a little later. Our group kept on getting bigger but it was fun. Everyone got along great. After dinner was the Mud House coffee shop. Wow...soo good too!! We were talking for awhile then I think Julie saw my old friend Jason and he came up and talked to me and Don to catch up on each other's lives. It was nice to see him b/c I hadn't seen him since like '99 I think when he moved. After coffee, all of us plus Jason, went to Dan K's apartment and watched "spaceballs" which is a movie off of starwars and the wizard of oz. It was kinda goofy. Curfew @ Evangel is 2 am on the weekends (I think) so the Evangel crew left around 1:30. Julie and I stayed up talking for quite awhile and I slept in on Saturday until around 10 I think??

Saturday...Julie and I got ready...and then went to the bookstore and I got a tour of a little bit of Evangel. After that we ate, and Amber (her roomie) drove us to the Evangel football game. I saw another friend, Hannah there and got caught up with her. I also met some more of Julie's friends. The game was halted for about a 1/2 hour b/c of the rain and lighting. I think I was ready to go when we came back b/c I'm not a football fan but it was fun ppl watching and hanging out. Evangel won and afterwards Julie and I packed up to go to her brother and sister-in-law's house for the night. I guess the guys went to hang out and get coffee. We went to TJ and Brianne's and their son, Ethan, came up to me and threw his arms out. He had only seen me like a few times before, but would have no idea who I was. I guess kids like me for some odd reason hahah. He's a cutie tho and we got along great. It was fun playing with him. He's really smart for only being 2! He picks up on everything that you say. I think Julie was just talking at the dinner table and said the word "count" in a sentence and Ethan starts couting like the count from Seasame Street. It was cute! There was a tornado watch out there and we heard the sirens go off. That was kinda scary. Sounded like an air raid or something. We were okay and after that passed, Ethan went to bed, and eventually we put on the movie "At First Sight."

Sunday morning Julie and I went to church w/TJ and Brianne at James River Assembly. It's huge!!! It has like a couple of Starbucks in it, a jungle gym pretty much inside...with the balls, a ton of different nursery's and a separate youth center which we need. The morning speaker was an assistant pastor ( a woman) from England who is 6 mo pregnant. She was really really good tho!! Great speaker. Then we went to Sunday School and I felt very welcomed there. The people were very friendly and open. We sang, a guy preached, then there was a discussion and it was over. That church is very time efficient which I liked. They say when they'll be done and they're done with getting their point across. After church we went back to Evangel, ate, and I packed up my stuff. We met the guys downstairs until I had to leave. Don picked me up around 2:15. Ha when all of us were walking to meet don, I was in the middle of Dan and Greg (who are very tall compared to me hehe) and I was pulling my suitcase and I felt like I had my 2 body guards with my posse behind me...3 other guys and Julie. It was funny. We hit the road around 3. We got there around 6 and made great time! My flight left around 7 and I made it home around 9:20. The flight was sorta bumpy and had a crazy crying kid who wouldn't shut up on it. The kid sounded like he was being killed or something! CRAZY!! Anyways...my vacation was over and I was back to reality. That was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time. It was filled with adventure, friends, and good food! heheh :) I miss them so much already...It's weird b/c I saw them every day in a row for like 4 days...now they're gone...and I'm back working and at school...papers...bills...yes reality has kicked in.....

So all in all from this past weekend, I rode in 5 different cars and 2 different planes within 4 days! WHEW!!

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM , Blogger Lori said...

wow....busy busy!!! lovewd the photos! hey... you make me look short! ha ha ha. glad you had a good time!

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

yeah but so exciting!!! :) haha i make u look short?? hmmm...interesting..lol

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Lori said...

clarification...shorter than i already am...ha ha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home