Saturday, December 17, 2005

SATURDAY:
I have a lot I need to post. Here's one post I've been wanting to put up since Tuesday I think:

Pet Peeves about working at GAP and some advice

1. Never go shopping in a hurry. There are other people shopping and we try our best to accomodate to you, but sometimes it's hard to do!
2. When you receive a coupon at a store after a purchase, 99% of the time when does a store let you redeem it that day? We don't care if you don't want to buy what you just picked out because you can't use your little coupon right now just as you get it.
3. Why do people swipe their credit card before you ring up their merchandise? I have heard that some stores let you do that, but I still don't know why they think people can pay for something before us even ringing it up?
4. Read your billing statement before coming in and getting upset about not being able to pay it in the store. It says right on there 'we currently do not accept payments in the store.'
5. Can people be any more demanding during the holidays? shesh!
6. Kinda like #1, don't be in such a rush when checking out. It makes us nervous and you look like a psycho.
7. When you see a bakers rack (or a rack) full of clothes with the same items on the floor, there aren't any specials on there or anything. Please ask before shopping from it!
8. No we are not free babysitters for your kids.
9. We just love it when our "friends" come in.
10. We just love it when you roll up our jeans from our nicely folded stacks and stuff em back in the shelves. thanks hehe
*Yeah those are just a few things that kinda bug me about retail. I know people get that everywhere but I just felt like listing it.

On Thursday Elizabeth drove us to our 8:30 am final for International Business. It took us over an hour to get there because of the snow and the traffic was slow and roads were bad. I was a little nervous we'd be late, but it was fine. We got to class aroun 8:40 and our teacher wasn't in the room and people were talking. Some mentioned us possibly having an open note/book test and/or group test. Eventually our teacher strolled in with his coffee and muffin and plopped down at the desk. He said the marketing department wasn't opened yet and that's who had our tests. So a few minutes later he sent up a student to check to see if anyone was there yet and no one was there. Prof. Vernon started to say that he could write out a final on the board...jokingly but it wasn't funny. I think he sent up students 2-3 times and no one was up there the second time and finally we got word that the lady who was typing them up thought the test was supposed to be done at 12 pm that day. Oh my goodness! We were mad. So my friend Eliz and this other girl got some guy and this guy said he heard we were having problems and all my prof starts to say is stuff about the weather. To top it off Prof. Vernon calls this other man the wrong name. What an insult. So then our teacher comes up with 3 options.
1. keep your grade w/out a final
2. answer 2 or 3 topics about int'l business and turn it in on monday
3. wait for the tests to be typed and printed and take the written final.
Our prof had us fill out a sheet stating which option we'd like. Eliz, me and this other guy Matt were all trying to figure out what to do. So Eliz and I decided we were not coming back down after school was over to turn in some stupid paper. We went down to the computer lab and typed up 2 1/2 pages for him. We went to his office and our teacher had an old student who he had 10 years ago from Indonesia visiting. We went in and he complimented us about being intelligent and pretty blah blah blah. Looked at our grades, took back his comment to me about being intelligent after looking at my 2 test grades and to top it off kicked us out of his office. YEAH we weren't happy at all. This guy is one of the most cynical people I know. If you ask him a question he looks at you like you're stupid no matter what the question is. He's a successful busines man who doesn't care about his students at all. He's loaded and talks down about women etc. So I'm just glad I'm out of that class!!! yea still have to wait to see what my grade is...eekkkkkkk!!!
Anyways...........yesterday went to CSU to try to sell books back but kept them b/c if I try to sell them online it'd be better. Worked 2:30-6, went to Champs and hung out with Julie and a friend Matt from school. In a little bit here I have to go to a leader's meeting at the youth pastor's house! Ok so I hope your eyes aren't too strained now! Sorry! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home