Thursday, September 15, 2005

I haven't posted in awhile so I thought I should. Well Monday morning there was a message on my cell from Bethany to call her, so I did after my 2nd class. She told me Mrs. Kilby had passed away early in the morning (actually 5 hours after a few of us had been up to see her). I felt so bad for Kim and her family. I guess earlier that morning (Sun) Mrs. Kilby was singing "what a beautiful morning the Lord has made...to take her children home." I guess she knew it was her time to go. Last night was her calling hours and the first set from 2-4 I guess there were around 600 people there and the line was still going after 4. I went in the evening (skipped church) and there were a TON of people lined up for their last respects. While waiting in line, I saw a few of the Varsity football players come out with tears coming down their faces. So sad...then I saw Jeremy (Kim's younger brother,14) and he's like ,"the whole varsity team came." I thought that was great they came to support him. I also got to see some old elementary school friends and parents which made me miss them. You go to school in one place your whole life, then go to college and hardly see any of those people again. It's so rough. They're doing well though I was glad to hear. Kim and her family were holding up pretty well. It was tough when I got to them, but it was good to know Mrs. Kilby was with the Lord now in heaven! Adding to what I said earlier, I heard from someone else that I guess the funeral director had never had a funeral that huge. She was surely a testimony to everyone she met. Then today I went to the funeral and missed class (it was ok w/my teacher) b/c I knew I had to be there to support Kim. Her grandma and grandpa looked so sad when they came in that it broke my heart. I saw her grandma last night and she remembered me and looked happy to see me at least. It hurts seeing them hurt, you know even though we all knew it was coming sometime soon. Battling cancer for 6 years is a long time, but now she's not suffering anymore. Pastor Crow, Kim & Doug's pastor gave a great service and told some stories. There was a slide show that Doug (Kim's husband) had put together and I made one picture :) . It was when Kim, Bethany, and I and her parents and Jeremy went ice skating at Public Square one night. It was so much fun and I still vividly remember it. Good times. My mom and I also went to the graveyard and said our goodbyes by putting a flower on the casket. We love you, Jane Kilby!
On the upside of things, I went into work today after I got home from the funeral, and at first I wasn't very happy to be there, but of course, babies always cheer you up. I met this really cute baby, Benjamin (5 mo.) and his mom wanted me to help her try some clothes on him. I was like..ok..this is different..but he was really happy and excited and he let me so it ended up being really fun. I got to hold him and see him "dance" around. He was a cutie. He made my day! (even tho his mom didn't buy anything lol). Later on I met an Indian's player's wife. She was really nice too. Working helped cheer my day up.
Oh last night I called Brett back b/c he had called me last night to tell him when church was over to let him know when we were going out to eat, but yea I wasn't there. Well he and 5 or 6 other people were out at Applebees and the next thing I know, I'm talked to everyone at the table. It was so funny. A few of them asked where I was or the others just said some random stuff...they cracked me up and cheered me up from a sad night. :) That's what friends are for I tell ya! :) Thanks guys!
Besides all the sad stuff, I've been doing some homework, working, and going to class. That's about it. It's been a long week.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 AM , Blogger Lori said...

i am soo sorry to hear of the loss...but you are right...she is in a better place. it is soo nice that you have sooo many friends and you all have known each other for sooo long! that is such a great support system when bad things happen.

working with people does have its upsides....it does help take your mind off things and have some fun. im sure that helps get your mind off school things as well.

later:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home