Sunday, February 26, 2006

What a busy week..well weekend I guess I can say. I'll start with Friday because Thursday (as I can remember) wasn't too exciting. On Friday I went to my 3 wonderful (I'm being a little sarcastic here) classes leaving my house at 8:40 am. We had a guest speaker in Media writing who is a writer for The Plain Dealer. He was pretty interesting to listen to, but the only thing is we have to write an article on him for class. (I did that today b/c it's due tomorrow). After class, I worked from 2:30-6 in adult and saw the pastor's wife and one of his daugher's Gracie. She's adopted from China and is sooooooooooo cute!!! :) Then later that evening I saw 3 more people from my church. I love it when they come in. It's so nice to see familiar faces come through. Then right when I got off, I drove to Tremont to meet a friend from work, Craig, and his other boss to go to the Cleveland State play-Jesus Christ Superstar. (His cousin was in it.) It was definitely interesting. It combines modern day with the olden times. The disciples wore Walmart vests that said on the back, "how may I help you?", Judas couldn't really sing, a girl soldier "whipped" Jesus but didn't do a good job, and at the end they were all singing when Jesus died. They started to bow and it was the end. No resurrection. I kept waiting and waiting but nope. It didn't come. I was like "oh?" I guess it just makes you think how twisted people's views are about how Christ lived etc. There was this one guy who had a really really deep voice and that was entertaining. There were also dancers who were kinda scandalous. EEK! I got home around 10:30 and was pooped! What a day!
Then on Saturday I worked 11-4 and opened up 2 gapcards. We had a contest going called "Pass the Buck" and this round lasted until 2. Well if you opened up a gapcard, you got the buck. I was the winner and I was soooooooo excited to get it. I got a myster y prize and it was a giftcard to Trader Joes plus the dollar. :) It was a kinda slow day, but fun. Then I rushed home (not too much haha) to be there by 4:30 b/c Brett and I went on a train ride featuring stories from the Underground Railroad. It was a lot of fun and we didn't get lost! yey!!! We also stopped at a bookstore (it was part of the trip) and got a cookie and hot chocolate. There was acting on the ride to the bookstore and we were all supposed to be slaves. They had code names and some of them were: sake of potatoes, buck, and bundle of logs. The one actor guy picked on Brett and called him a trouble maker hahaha. It was hard to not laugh b/c the whole time these people are telling you to look down and don't move, don't laugh. It was a good time!
Then today I went to Sunday School and church, Subway with friends, napped, and wrote some articles for school. I also worked on some other homework since I had no other time to work on it this weekend. oh yea..love the homework...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home